A masterclass in immersion.
Our second week of game of the year (GOTY) awards for 2020 ends today with the honours for best audio and sound design.
Stevivor’s Best Audio and Sound Design of 2020
This was another category full of amazing titles, though Stevivor staffers voted for The Last of Us Part 2 as the overall winner.
The title offers an amazing soundtrack alongside incredibly immersive sound design. On top of this, we applauded the title in our review for “myriad accessibility options”.
“I found myself using some of the options meant for vision-impaired players while on the hunt for collectibles and toggled options to take over rapid button presses during cutscenes as well,” Steve said in his review.
You can take a look at our Stevivor GOTY 2020 Awards schedule below. Any guesses on what will make the cut ahead of announcements next week?
Stevivor GOTY Awards 2020
- Best Sports/Racing game: Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 & 2
- Best RPG: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Best Action/Action-Adventure game: Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
- Best Multiplayer game: Call of Duty Warzone
- Best Ongoing game: Destiny 2 Beyond Light
- Best Indie game: Hades
- Best Audio & Sound Design: The Last of Us Part 2
- Best Narrative: Hades
- Best Direction: Hades
- Best PC game: Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Best Switch game: Animal Crossing New Horizons
- 29 December: Best Xbox game
- 30 December: Best PlayStation game
- 31 December: Game of the Year
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.