Eyes up, Guardian.
We’re halfway through the week but nowhere near being done doling out Stevivor game of the year (GOTY) awards for 2020. Today: best ongoing game.
Stevivor’s Ongoing game of 2020
We’ve all got our favourite ongoing games, of course, but Stevivor staffers seem to have a special place in our heart for none other than Destiny 2, recently revitalised by an addition to Xbox Game Pass alongside a gigantic content drop in Beyond Light.
“When it comes to seasonal activities, Beyond Light has perhaps the strongest suite of them since, well, ever,” Hamish said in a recent review. “Players have access to Empire Hunts (killing the campaign targets), Wrathborn hunts (seasonal targets), the Exo Challenges and a whole bunch of weekly collectibles that pop up. This is on top of the rolling post-campaign story that tells the story of the Bray family while also unlocking more subclass toys to play with.
“There is no shortage of stuff to do this time around, and the methods of acquiring loot are the most fun and consistent they’ve been for years, with Bungie finally getting the balance close to perfect.”
You can take a look at our Stevivor GOTY 2020 Awards schedule below. Any guesses on what will make the cut before then?
Stevivor GOTY Awards 2020
- Best Sports/Racing game: Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 & 2
- Best RPG: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Best Action/Action-Adventure game: Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
- Best Multiplayer game: Call of Duty Warzone
- Best Ongoing game: Destiny 2 Beyond Light
- Best Indie game: Hades
- Best Audio & Sound Design: The Last of Us Part 2
- Best Narrative: Hades
- Best Direction: Hades
- Best PC game: Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Best Switch game: Animal Crossing New Horizons
- 29 December: Best Xbox game
- 30 December: Best PlayStation game
- 31 December: Game of the Year
10 Nov 2020 (PC PS4 PS5 Xbox One Xbox Series X)