Hades takes its second win of the awards program.
Can you believe we’re into our third week of game of the year (GOTY) awards for 2020 already? This is a short week, but we’ve still got three awards to go. Today: Best Narrative.
Stevivor’s Best Narrative of 2020
It was a strong year when it comes to storytelling in games, but Stevivor’s staff writers awarded top honours to none other than Hades.
It may be easily to dismiss Hades as a title with a strong story at first, but continued play shows how layered the title actually is. Protagonist Zagreus is a social fellow, interacting with a large cast full of personality and zest.
Hades has also been awarded Stevivor’s GOTY 2020 Award for Best Indie title.
You can take a look at our full Stevivor GOTY 2020 Awards schedule below. Any guesses on what will make the cut ahead of our official announcements?
Stevivor GOTY Awards 2020
- Best Sports/Racing game: Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 & 2
- Best RPG: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Best Action/Action-Adventure game: Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
- Best Multiplayer game: Call of Duty Warzone
- Best Ongoing game: Destiny 2 Beyond Light
- Best Indie game: Hades
- Best Audio & Sound Design: The Last of Us Part 2
- Best Narrative: Hades
- Best Direction: Hades
- Best PC game: Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Best Switch game: Animal Crossing New Horizons
- 29 December: Best Xbox game
- 30 December: Best PlayStation game
- 31 December: Game of the Year
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.