This was the closest race in our entire GOTY series.
The Stevivor game of the year (GOTY) awards continue with the beloved role-playing game, or RPG.
Stevivor’s Best Sports or Racing game of 2020
While yesterday’s contest featured a runaway winner, our RPG category was a matter of two points between landing first, second, or third spot. At the end of the day, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla emerged victorious.
“Like [Assassin’s Creed] Origins, Valhalla benefits from a year off with a fresh audience,” Ben said in his review. “It doesn’t reboot this time, but instead improves upon the duo it’s following, introducing proven elements from some of the best in the business.”
Coincidentally, those interested in the game may want to keep an eye on the website in a couple hours…
You can take a look at our Stevivor GOTY 2020 Awards schedule below. Any guesses on what will make the cut before then?
Stevivor GOTY Awards 2020
- Best Sports/Racing game: Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 & 2
- Best RPG: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Best Action/Action-Adventure game: Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
- Best Multiplayer game: Call of Duty Warzone
- Best Ongoing game: Destiny 2 Beyond Light
- Best Indie game: Hades
- Best Audio & Sound Design: The Last of Us Part 2
- Best Narrative: Hades
- Best Direction: Hades
- Best PC game: Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Best Switch game: Animal Crossing New Horizons
- 29 December: Best Xbox game
- 30 December: Best PlayStation game
- 31 December: Game of the Year
10 Nov 2020 (PC PS4 PS5 Xbox One Xbox Series X)
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.