We’re down to two remaining Stevivor’s GOTY Awards for 2019 left to give away. Today is all about the game with the best direction in 2019.
Stevivor’s Best Direction of 2019
Probably surprising no one at this point, Stevivor staffers have declared Control the winner of this category. With a story and overall presentation with as many twists and turns as the ever-changing Oldest House itself, this was another easy one for us.
“Control is something new for us,” Game Director, Mikael Kasurinen, told Stevivor. “From the start, we wanted to go where our passions took us and embrace the ideas that excited us. We didn’t second guess what the reception would be and we trusted that like-minded gamers out there would enjoy the same things we enjoy. We like weird and we like that our fans have enjoyed this strange and deranged stylized experience that is Control.”
There is one final Stevivor GOTY Award remaining for 2019 — we’ll soon present the award for best game of 2019 to send the year off with a bang. See you tomorrow.
Stevivor GOTY Awards 2019
- Best PS4 game/exclusive: Concrete Genie
- Best Xbox One game/exclusive: Gears 5
- Best Switch game/exclusive: Luigi’s Mansion 3
- Best PC game/exclusive: Disco Elysium
- Best Indie game: Untitled Goose Game
- Best Sports/Racing game: Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
- Best RPG: The Outer Worlds
- Best Action/Action Adventure game: Control
- Best Multiplayer game: Apex Legends
- Best Ongoing game: Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey and Rainbow Six: Siege
- Best Audio & Sound design: Control
- Best Narrative: Control
- Best Direction: Control
- Game of the Year 2019: Control
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.