There are only a handful of Stevivor’s GOTY Awards for 2019 left to give away — today, we award the game with the best narrative.
Stevivor’s Best Narrative of 2019
Let’s not beat around the bush here: Control is the winner, hands down. An intricate and crazy narrative is just one of the things we love about Remedy’s latest. As such, Control easily bested the likes of Afterparty, Resident Evil 2 and Life is Strange 2.
“Control is the culmination of narrative themes and techniques honed at Remedy over the past 20 years,” Sam Lake, Creative Director of Remedy Entertainment, told Stevivor. “A young woman, Jesse, steps inside a strange building to mend her broken family. A mystical pistol held against her head deems her worthy to be the new Director of the Federal Bureau of Control. So begins a story like a bullet through brain. It’s a hallucinatory fever dream. Inspired by the X-Files and David Lynch’s works, it’s a sci-fi story, a horror story, and an agent thriller.”
There are only two Stevivor GOTY Awards remaining for 2019 — we’ll present the awards next week. While you enjoy your weekend, any guesses as to what’s next?
Stevivor GOTY Awards 2019
- Best PS4 game/exclusive: Concrete Genie
- Best Xbox One game/exclusive: Gears 5
- Best Switch game/exclusive: Luigi’s Mansion 3
- Best PC game/exclusive: Disco Elysium
- Best Indie game: Untitled Goose Game
- Best Sports/Racing game: Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
- Best RPG: The Outer Worlds
- Best Action/Action Adventure game: Control
- Best Multiplayer game: Apex Legends
- Best Ongoing game: Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey and Rainbow Six: Siege
- Best Audio & Sound design: Control
- Best Narrative: Control
- Best Direction: Control
- Game of the Year 2019: Control