Jesse Faden's story had us the moment we walked into the Oldest House.
This is it — the final honour as part of Stevivor’s GOTY Awards for 2019! Surprising absolutely no one, Stevivor staffers have chosen Remedy’s Control as game of the year.
Stevivor’s Game of the Year 2019
“Control is a topical story where a group of old men with too much power bring the world close to destruction, and it takes a young woman to put it back together again. Control doesn’t hold your hand. The world is a storytelling tool,” Remedy’s Sam Lake said to Stevivor.
“The Oldest House is an endless building, and the deep lore scattered there for you to find, in the form of side missions, case files, audio logs and videos, fragmented, in part redacted, sometimes contradictory, presents modern myths and shocking stories within a bigger story, all there for you to piece together and form your own theories and interpretations.”
Congratulations to all winners and runners-up as part of our 2019 GOTY Awards.
Stevivor GOTY Awards 2019
- Best PS4 game/exclusive: Concrete Genie
- Best Xbox One game/exclusive: Gears 5
- Best Switch game/exclusive: Luigi’s Mansion 3
- Best PC game/exclusive: Disco Elysium
- Best Indie game: Untitled Goose Game
- Best Sports/Racing game: Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
- Best RPG: The Outer Worlds
- Best Action/Action Adventure game: Control
- Best Multiplayer game: Apex Legends
- Best Ongoing game: Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey and Rainbow Six: Siege
- Best Audio & Sound design: Control
- Best Narrative: Control
- Best Direction: Control
- Game of the Year 2019: Control