Stevivor’s GOTY Awards for 2019 continue with a special award today — today’s honour is a combination of best action or best action adventure game.
Stevivor’s Best Action game of 2019
We couldn’t say enough about Control‘s action-packed mechanics.
“The trustworthy Launch-Gun combo will largely work in normal missions, but that’s decidedly not the case for most of Control’s optional side missions,” we wrote in our review. “In those, you’ll need to lift your game, combining skills in creative ways to best your opponent; if you’re not using levitate to gain the high ground, pulling debris from a nearby wall to use as a shield before then throwing it at the boss, you’re certainly doing it wrong.”
Our Stevivor GOTY Awards continue for the rest of this week and straight on through 2019. You’ll find a full list of awards below.
Stevivor GOTY Awards 2019
- Best PS4 game/exclusive: Concrete Genie
- Best Xbox One game/exclusive: Gears 5
- Best Switch game/exclusive: Luigi’s Mansion 3
- Best PC game/exclusive: Disco Elysium
- Best Indie game: Untitled Goose Game
- Best Sports/Racing game: Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
- Best RPG: The Outer Worlds
- Best Action/Action Adventure game: Control
- Best Multiplayer game: Apex Legends
- Best Ongoing game: Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey and Rainbow Six: Siege
- Best Audio & Sound design: Control
- Best Narrative: Control
- Best Direction: Control
- Game of the Year 2019: Control