The documents below are grouped by location, but aren’t chronological; rather, they’re grouped as displayed in the in-game menu to better help you identify ones you’ve missed. With that said, the location sections are almost listed chronologically. Got that? Let’s go!
- Jill’s Report: This is in the first-person (coloured) bit in Jill’s apartment. This is one of two documents on what we call her ‘conspiracy theory wall’.
- Investigation Notes: The second document on the same wall as the previous document.
- Message from a Colleague: This is found next to the pizza box in Jill’s kitchen.
- Unsealed Envelope: This is on a shelf next to the conspiracy theory wall.
Downtown (and Sewers)
- Drugstore Owner’s Manual: This is in the upper walkway room with a safe (NOT a safe room) beside the safe itself.
- A Love Letter?: This is in the Sewers Lab, the same room as the Battery Pack.
- Tabloid Front Page: This is in the Subway, in the newsstand as you come up the stairs from the train.
- UBCS Suicide Note: This is outside the Garage near the dead body to the right as you exit.
- Increased Sewer Security: This is beside the locked door that requires the Battery Pack for the final time.
- Chad’s Notes: This is on the floor of the upper level of the substation maze that houses the Drain Deimos.
- Fax from Substation Chief: This is in the second floor safe room alongside a Hip Pouch, etc.
- Sewer Worker’s Notes: In the Sewers, head through a sewage waterfall and you’ll find this at the dead end.
- Subway Employee’s Memo: This is in the Kite Bros office, in the same room as the Shotgun.
- Kite Bros. Railway Manual: This is in the same room the train route puzzle (and Charlie!).
- UBCS Ammo Crafting Guide: This is on a bench on the subway station platform; you’ll see if after the first cutscene with Carlos and Mikhail.
- Substation Internal Memo: This is on the wall beside the locked door that leads to the Drain Deimos sequence.
- Electricians Notice: This is found up on a wall in between the Garage and the Substation.
- UBCS Herb Field Manual: This is in the Subway Station safe room.
- Notice of Demolition Delay: This is next to the typewriter in the safe room as you’re climbing to the roof of the building to be demolished.
- Training Log: This is on the guy that Nicholai kills in the Garage.
- Research Assistant’s Logs: This is in the Sewers Office (Lower Walkway).
- Raccoon Times Reader’s Column: This is upstairs in the house you enter immediately after Gun Shop Kendo.
- Your Charlie Doll: No idea why Capcom put this down the list so far, but this is inside Toy Uncle after you get the Lockpick.
- Invoice from Gun Shop Kendo: This is in the Sewers Office (Lower Walkway) near the Grenade Launcher.
- Green Herbs! They work!: This is outside beside some Green Herbs and right before the Drain Deimos sequence.
Outskirts of Raccoon City
(Police Station documents are found before these — see below.)
- UBCS New Weaponry Notice: After regaining control of Jill, this is in the safe room past the wrecked train.
- Clock Tower Brochure: This is on the bench in the large square just off the river. Don’t go up the stairs until you get this.
(Hospital documents are found after these.)
- Report on the Mansion Incident: This is in the S.T.A.R.S. Office (2F) and on Wesker’s desk.
- Note to a Friend: This is on the bench in the Shower Room (2F).
- ID Card Security Protocols: This is beside the lockbox on the bench in Reception (1F).
- Email Outbox: Before heading into the Police Station front door, go down the steps from the makeshift cemetary and into the room that houses Leon’s R.P.D. uniform.
- Sept 20 Arrest Report: This is found in West Office (1F).
- Internal Memo: This is in the Dark Room (1F) room.
- 3F Locker: This is on the whiteboard of the Safety Deposit Room (1F).
(Outskirts of Raccoon City documents are found next.)
- Note About a Tape Recording: This is on the reception desk in Nurse’s Station (2F).
- Spencer Memorial Pamphlet: This is in the corner next to the padlocked door in Reception (1F).
- Nurse’s Journal: Sept 25: This is found in Lab Reception (1F).
- Nurse’s Journal: Sept 27: On a shelf in Records Room (2F).
- Nurse’s Journal: Sept 29: On a desk in the back corner of Staff Room (2F).
- Banquet Invitation: In Bard’s Lab (1F).
- RE: Lost Items: In Operating Room (1F) after using the keycard.
- Memos from Administration: On the wall next to the door in Staff Room (2F).
- Email from Nathaniel Bard: On Bard’s PC in Bard’s Lab (1F). This has to be read as part of the story.
- Unfinished Activity Log: In the middle of the screen in Surveillance Room (2F). Has to be read as part of the story.
- Employee memo: In the room beside the safe room — a Pale Head and two normal zombies are in this room.
- Elevator Notice: In the safe room connected to the document found above.
- NEST 2 Employee Regulations: In the Storage (1F) at the end of the hallway after the Nemesis chase cutscene.
- Essay on Vaccine Synthesis: In the Synthesis Room (2F).
- Disposal Centre: On the wall of Worker’s Break Room right before the large arena Nemesis fight.
- Isaac Graves’ Diary: This is on the zombie you kill after heading up the stairs at NEST 2 and taking a left to go down the dead-end hallway.
- Expression of Concern: This is on a desk in Incubation Lab (2F).
- Weapon Spec Sheet: After the large arena Nemesis battle, this is in the the next safe room.
- Weaponry Authorization Request: In Lab 1 (2F) on the desk.
- Shipping Notice: In the room with two Pale Heads after using flash drive to gain access.
- Scientist’s Dying Message: On a body in dead-end corridor after heading upstairs from the room with the Pale Heads.
- Suspicious Contract Memo: The final document is the final one chronologically — after defeating Nemesis’ final form, look to the left after climbing the ladder.
All Stevivor’s Resident Evil 3 guides
- All Resident Evil 3 Records
- The Resident Evil 3 Shop
- All Resident Evil 3 Charlie doll locations
- All Resident Evil 3 Document locations
- All Resident Evil 3 Weapons and upgrades
- All Resident Evil 3 Puzzles & Cheat Sheet
- All Resident Evil 3 Locks
- All Resident Evil 3 Hip Pouch locations
Resident Evil 3 is available on Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4 from 3 April.