The purpose of this Resident Evil 3 weapons guide is to detail each and every weapon found in-game alongside all of the upgrades available for each.
We’ve detailed the weapons and their upgrades below. Following this guide will earn you the Gunsmith (improve a weapon), Kendo’s Armory (collect all weapons) and Kendo’s Protege (collect all weapon parts/upgrades) Achievements, Trophies and Records.
G-19 Handgun location
Playing as Jill, this is found on the corpse outside of Bar Jack after Brad gets bitten and you leave him behind.
G-19 Handgun upgrades
- Dot Sight (Handgun): This is upstairs in the Downtown Upper Walkway safe Room (2F) — not an actual safe room, but a room with a safe. Said safe — combination 9-1-8 (pick one direction for 9, then the other for 1, and then the alternate direction for 8) — will provide you the upgrade. 9-3-7 is another alternative.
- Extended Magazine (Handgun): You’ll get this from a Supply Case after taking Nemesis down for the first time (he raises an arm and drops a case rather than just taking a knee). We recommend doing this when leaving the Downtown Subway Power Substation (1F) after turning on the power. When Nemesis bursts through the wall, hit him with a single hand grenade for a guaranteed drop.
- Moderator (Handgun): You’ll get this from a second Supply Case after taking Nemesis down a second time. Your first chance to do this will be after the cutscene with Nemesis at Downtown Donut Shop (1F). You don’t be able to get this from downing Nemesis a second time before then; again, use a grenade (and if you can’t, we hoped you saved a red barrel somewhere).
M3 Shotgun location
This weapon is found in Downtown Subway Office (1F), inside a case that you need the bolt cutter to get into.
M3 Shotgun upgrades
- Tactical Stock: You’ll get this from the Kite Bros puzzle found in the Downtown Subway Station safe room. You’ll need the Lockpick to get the Green Jewel from the Fancy Box in the Downtown Toy Uncle store to do this.
- Semi-auto barrel: RE2 players, you’ll know this location — look inside Downtown Gun Shop Kendo (1F).
- Shell holder: This is part of the Underground Storage (1F) fuse maze. You’ll find it in an area behind one of the hydraulic lifts.
MGL Grenade Launcher
MGL Grenade Launcher location
- This is found in the Sewers Office (Lower Waterway), next to a document that explains the rounds it uses.
MGL Grenade Launcher upgrades
G18 Handgun location
This is automatically obtained when playing as Carlos; he also has the CQBR Assault Rifle.
G18 Handgun upgrades
CQBR Assault Rifle
CQBR Assault Rifle location
This weapon comes automatically equipped with Carlos (or as Jill when playing in Assisted difficulty mode).
CQBR Assault Rifle upgrades
- Scope: This is in the Police Station West Office (1F) inside the S.T.A.R.S. case; you’ll need Brad’s ID Card to unlock it.
- Tactical Grip: Left-hand side of Hospital Courtyard (1F) after dropping through an open window on 2F. Before vaulting over, check the nearby bird bath.
- Dual Magazine: This is in the safe inside Hospital Nurses’ Station (2F). The combination is 9-3 (go in one direction for 9, then the other for 3).
G18 Handgun (Burst Model)
G18 Handgun (Burst Model) location
This is found in the Hospital Makeshift Sickroom (1F) when taking control of Jill. You’ll find it on a nearby counter.
G18 Handgun (Burst Model) upgrades
.44 AE Lightning Hawk (Magnum)
.44 AE Lightning Hawk location
This is found in the Hospital Courtyard (1F); to get there, you’ll need to squeeze through an opening on 2F (Carlos can’t) and then jump down.
.44 AE Lightning Hawk upgrades
- Extended Barrel: This is behind the computer in the Underground Storage Surveillance Room (2F); you’ll get there by taking the elevator after solving the fuse puzzle/maze.
A series of weapons — infinite ammo or otherwise — are also available through the in-game shop. For more information about the shop, head here.
- HOT DOGGER: 7200
- Samurai Edge: 5600P
- RAI-DEN: 12000P
- Infinite MUP Handgun: 8000P
- Infinite CQBR Assault Rifle: 28400P
- Infinite Rocket Launcher: 62400P
These weapons don’t have upgrades of any sort.
All Stevivor’s Resident Evil 3 guides
- All Resident Evil 3 Records
- The Resident Evil 3 Shop
- All Resident Evil 3 Charlie doll locations
- All Resident Evil 3 Document locations
- All Resident Evil 3 Weapons and upgrades
- All Resident Evil 3 Puzzles & Cheat Sheet
- All Resident Evil 3 Locks
- All Resident Evil 3 Hip Pouch locations
Resident Evil 3 is available on Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4 from 3 April.