Congratulations to all winners and runners-up!
This is it: the final Stevivor Game of the Year award for 2021. Fittingly, it’s for the Best Game of 2021.
Picking up its third award is none other than Arkane’s Deathloop, which narrowly beat out both Guardians of the Galaxy and Psychonauts 2.
“When Deathloop clicks, it really clicks. Maps are large enough to hold secrets but aren’t distressingly sprawling; each provide ample opportunities to carefully slink around or charge in, guns blazing,” I wrote in my review.
“A very vertical map design is further aided by a series of astounding audio clues that help to assure you that you’ve pulled off a headshot or are about to be made by an enemy, turret or mine.”
Thanks to everyone who joined us this year and congratulations to Arkane, Bethesda and Microsoft for the win!
14 September 2021
Stevivor GOTY Awards 2021
- Best Sports/Racing: Forza Horizon 5
- Best RPG: Cyberpunk 2077
- Best Action/Action-Adventure: Deathloop
- Best Multiplayer game: It Takes Two
- Best Ongoing game: Dead by Daylight
- Best Indie game: Inscryption
- Best Audio & Sound Design: The Artful Escape
- Best Narrative: Guardians of the Galaxy
- Best Direction: Deathloop
- Best PC game: Inscryption
- Best Switch game: Metroid Dread
- Best Xbox game: Forza Horizon 5, Psychonauts 2 and Age of Empires 4
- Best PlayStation game: Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart
- Game of the Year: Deathloop
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.