Stevivor’s Game of the Year awards for 2021 are back for their final week, and we’ve four HUGE big awards to give out. Today, we bestow the honour of Best Switch title.
Though a couple Mario titles came close, Stevivor staffers have awarded this to Metroid Dread.
“Metroid Dread has been decades in the making, and if that’s because it wasn’t possible on less powerful handhelds, it’s been well and truly worth the wait,” Ben said in his review.
Enjoy the remainder of 2021 — we’ve only three more awards left!
Congratulations to Nintendo for this win.
8 October 2021
Stevivor GOTY Awards 2021
- Best Sports/Racing: Forza Horizon 5
- Best RPG: Cyberpunk 2077
- Best Action/Action-Adventure: Deathloop
- Best Multiplayer game: It Takes Two
- Best Ongoing game: Dead by Daylight
- Best Indie game: Inscryption
- Best Audio & Sound Design: The Artful Escape
- Best Narrative: Guardians of the Galaxy
- Best Direction: Deathloop
- Best PC game: Inscryption
- Best Switch game: Metroid Dread
- Best Xbox game: Forza Horizon 5, Psychonauts 2 and Age of Empires 4
- Best PlayStation game: Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart
- The runners-up
- Game of the Year: Deathloop
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.