The clear favourite.
This is it! The votes have been tallied and we’re ready to award the Best Game of 2022.
As you’d likely expect, this was a toss up between two titles, and Elden Ring managed to come out on top.
As Ben and I frequently recount, Elden Ring came out in February and has captured our attention for the entire year. When we’re not thinking about or playing Elden Ring directly, we’ve bounced back into previous FromSoftware titles and have a newfound appreciation for them.
Luke called it way back when as well, saying “it’s an incredible experience and will be one of the best games you’ll play this year,” as part of his review.
25 February 2022
The runner-up in this category was, of course, God of War Ragnarok.
Our entire awards program can be found below.
Stevivor’s Game of the Year (GOTY) Awards 2022
- Best Sports Game: Nintendo Switch Sports
- Best RPG: Elden Ring
- Best Action-Adventure: God of War Ragnarok
- Best Multiplayer: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
- Best Ongoing: Fall Guys
- Best Indie: Cult of the Lamb
- Best Audio: God of War Ragnarok
- Best Narrative: God of War Ragnarok
- Best Direction: Elden Ring
- Best PC Game: Vampire Survivors
- Best Switch game: Kirby and the Forgotten Land
- Best Xbox Game: Pentiment
- Best PlayStation game: God of War Ragnarok
- Game of the Year: Elden Ring
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.