Nothing huge, but useful nonetheless.
The Xbox One April update is rolling out to all users, allowing easier access to uninstall content and restart the console itself.
The update, first made available to Xbox Insiders in February, adds the following functionality:
- Console Restart will be added to the Power Menu, making it easier for players to power cycle their console if it needs it.
- Microsoft is enabling players to reprogram the buttons on their Media Remote so they can launch a specific app when they press the OneGuide button. This can be changed through Settings > Kinect & devices > Media remote.
- Mini Keyboard is a new feature that floats over the UI and position itself around text boxes. If players prefer the larger keyboard, that can still be accessed through Settings > Ease of Access > Magnifier > Larger Keyboard.
- Microsoft has streamlined Xbox Game Pass Quests by allowing access to them from the dashboard. The quests can also be browsed in My Profile.
- The uninstall feature has been improved. When players tried to install a game when their HDD was full, the console used to take them to their Game Collection where they could choose what to remove. However, there was always guess work as to whether you’d managed to free up enough space for the new game. Now the new feature takes players to a page with suggestions for titles to remove, specifically those that will free up enough space for the new title. Once those games have been removed, it will also automatically start installing the new game.