Big names for the new studio.
Microsoft’s newest studio, The Initiative, has hired big name talent who have worked on titles like Red Dead Redemption, God of War and Rise of the Tomb Raider.
Studio Head Darrell Gallagher has taken to LinkedIn to confirm the hires (after an original post that was removed).
Here’s who was announced as hired:
- Christian Cantamessa: Lead Writer and Designer on both Red Dead Redemption and Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
- Blake Fischer: Senior Director of Portfolio and Planning at Microsoft
- Brian Westergaard: Senior Managing Producer on God of War, Lead & Senior Producer on Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Daniel Neuburger: Co-Director of Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Annie Lohr: A recruiter who has worked with Respawn, Riot Games and Microsoft Studios
- Lindsey McQueeney: A former lead recruiter of Crystal Dynamics and Microsoft
The Initiative is currently looking for an Art Director and Technical Director to join the team.