All thanks to Operation: Cosmic Rescue.
The initiative, set to launch in a little over a week on 1 October, will involve a dramatic rescue (as its name implies) across ten unique missions across your desktop or laptop, smartphone and Xbox One.
“Save your robot sidekick to earn one free month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate; 2X Bing mobile search points for one month; and an entry to the Galactic Giveaway sweepstakes,” a teaser blurb reads.
The missions are as follows:
- Mission 1 (Any tracking device): Done! By visiting this page, you’ve already completed your first mission.
- Mission 2 (Computer or smartphone): Using your computer, tablet, or smartphone, visit your Rewards page to complete at least three daily sets.
- Mission 3 (Smartphone): Use your smartphone to complete 20 searches on Bing each week for three weeks between 1/10/2019 and 29/10/2019—using either a mobile browser or the Bing app.
- Mission 4 (Any tracking device): Earn 500 points on any device between 1/10/2019 and 31/10/2019 – try taking quizzes, clicking through Microsoft Rewards emails, or completing offers on the Microsoft Rewards app on your Xbox One console. You can track progress by coming back to visit the challenge punch card.
- Mission 5 (Xbox One): Visit the challenge punch card on your Xbox One console and click on Mission 5. Get there by opening your Microsoft Rewards app on your console and finding the punch card tile and clicking it.
- Mission 6 (Xbox One): Play any Xbox game on your Xbox One console and earn a single achievement. After earning the achievement, return to the punch card on any device and click on Mission 6. Get there by clicking the punch card banner on the Microsoft Rewards page or the punch card offer within the Microsoft Rewards app on your Xbox One console.
- Mission 7 (Xbox One): Complete the weekly set on the Microsoft Rewards app on your Xbox One console every week for three weeks between 1/10/2019 and 29/10/2019. Get there by opening your Microsoft Rewards app on your console.
- Mission 8 (Any tracking device): Click on Mission 8 on any device to claim 100 points and donate them to a nonprofit of your choosing.
- Mission 9 (Any tracking device): Click on Mission 9 on any device to start a Bing scavenger hunt. Answer all three questions to complete the mission.
- Mission 10 (Any tracking device): When you have finished all nine other missions, come back to the punch card page on any device and click on Mission 10. Congrats! You have finished Operation: Cosmic Rescue.
Honestly? That sounds like a lot of work for a month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, but you’ll also receive Microsoft Rewards Points that you can put towards additional Microsoft Store gift cards — maybe the effort is worth it when that’s factored in.
In addition to the guaranteed rewards, the “Galactic Giveaway” mentioned will provide one lucky winner with a pair of UBTECH Alpha 1 Pro robots, an Alienware Aurora gaming desktop, a Samsung 49″ CHG90 QLED gaming monitor and two years of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
Users will have until the end of October to complete the operation. Head here for more information.