Is this the day one, day six or day minus five patch?
DICE has released the patch notes for Battlefield 5’s launch update and it fixes many of the issues EA Access users had reported.
Despite not properly launching until 20 November, this launch patch actually comes six days after players got access to the game, but also on launch day, yet five days before it due to the three-pronged release schedule.
Key fixes include resolving an issue that caused one team to have significantly more players than the other, an issue where the revive function didn’t work, issues with squads and matchmaking, and a problem that made the menus unusable — we still find the menus pretty unusable even after this update, so there’s still work to be done, DICE.
See the full patch notes below.
Battlefield 5 launch patch
- Fixed an issue that could result in a very uneven number of players at the start of a round.
- Made improvements to matchmaking with a full squad which should result in less disconnects.
- In some cases, the revive functionality would suddenly stop to function for all of the players on a server. This has now been fixed.
- Further improvements to game client stability have been made.
- In the Airborne game mode, spawn protection has been added when attackers spawn into planes. The planes are no longer as vulnerable to AA fire as they used to be at longer distances.
- Fixed an issue in Airborne where the bomb carriers could finish arming the objective even though they were dead.
- Players can no longer shoot down airplanes too quickly in Airborne, which could result in the attackers not being able to spawn.
- In War Stories, players are no longer able to collect Letters while playing offline due to them not being able to update the persistence counters, which requires an online connection.
- Fixed an issue where a weapon would disappear on the weapon selection screen.
- Fixed an issue in Frontlines mode on Devastation where the bomb in some rare cases spawned inside a wall.
- Fixed an issue which made the menus unusable when cancelling a matchmaking session.
- Fixed an issue with the lens sight alignment on the MP34 weapon.
Xbox One only
- Improved how the game resumes when using the Xbox One Instant-On function.
- RTX ray tracing can now be enabled with graphics cards that support this function.