Resident Evil 7‘s full of puzzles and collectible items, and Stevivor’s here to help you out as you play.
Up today is a listing of Easy and Normal mode Antique Coin locations, useful to buy steroid and stabilizer upgrades as well as the all-powerful Magnum pistol. Finding all Coins unlocks the Achievement or Trophy “Pelicans in Your Pocket”.
Here’s how to find every single Antique Coin in Easy/Normal mode — all 18 of ’em.
Looking for Madhouse mode Coins? Click here for a full guide.
How to use this guide
This guide will be split up into “point of no return” sections, meaning you should collect all items on a page before continuing on in Resident Evil 7‘s story. Each page will be marked by a spoiler, though as small of one as we can muster, telling you the action that will stop you from collecting items. The files themselves are then split up into sections of the map. They are not necessarily chronological.
Ready to go?
Point of no return for this page: Grab the first coin before you insert the fuse into the fuse box in the Guest House living room.
Guest House 1F (VHS and present)
The first Antique Coin is a two-step process.
- Step 1: Play the “Derelict House Footage” VHS tape. As the tape begins, immdiately turn around and pick up the lockpick (the same very one we were wondering about). Use that lockpick to unlock a drawer in the kitchen. You can then stop the tape or continue playing through the footage if you so choose.
- Step 2: Back in the present as Ethan, go and open the drawer.
Point of no return for this page: Solving Lucas’ birthday puzzle and heading to the pier.
- Any item box: You can get a Dirty Coin, used like an Antique Coin, by playing and solving the Resident Evil 7 “Beginning Hour” demo. The coin will be available in any item box if you have a demo save available. This doesn’t count towards the 18 Antique Coins.
Main House B1 (Processing Area)
- Hallway: This is behind a shipping pallet, en route to the Dissection Room after you grab the key from the Incinerator Room.
Main House 1F
- Escape tunnel: Found as Ethan is crawling through the escape tunnel after the family dinner. Check on the lawn mower.
- Main Hall: In a drawer on the same wall as a Mr. Everywhere.
- Briefing Room: This one’s in the room off to the side of the room with the deer in it (after you solve the first shadow puzzle). It’s in an ashtray.
Main House 2F
- Recreation Room: In the corner with a nearby Mr. Everywhere and file.
- Bathroom: In the corner, inside a toilet (ew.)
- Main house stairs: After exiting the main house, turn right and go around the stairs. There’s a coin in a pot.
- Zoe’s trailer: This one’s pretty hard to miss. It’s beside the Magnum, purchasable via the same coins you’re collecting.
Old House 1F
- Stairwell: This is on a trolley on the way to the Cellar, and pretty hard to miss.
- Crow Key Room: This is in the same room as the Crow Key. Look on top of the toilet.
Old House 2F
- Lantern lock room: In the corner of the room.
Testing Area 1F
- Booby trapped room: At the end of a corridor, in a desk drawer, beside a locker that contains Steroids.
Testing Area 2F
- Stairwell: In the corner of the room where you have to deploy a set of stairs to head back to Lucas’ puzzle.
Point of no return for this page: This has to be done playing as Mia, and before you go up a flight of stairs with Eveline standing alone at the top (it’s after jumping into a pool of water and climbing a ladder).
Wrecked Ship 1F
- Tunnel: After the flashback with two workers, drop down a hole and look to a right-side dead end. (Thanks, Phillip Kley!)
- Area with water pool and a ladder: To the left of the ladder. If you climb the ladder and proceed, you’ll hit that point of no return pretty quickly.
Point of no return for this page: This has to be done playing as Mia, and before you locate Ethan.
Wrecked Ship 3F
- Control Room: You’ll need a lockpick (located in the 3F Shaft) to get into the toolbox in this room.
Wrecked Ship S2
- Hallway: Inside a lockbox after No. 1 Engine Room. You’ll need Corrosive to access it.
Resident Evil 7 guides: The definitive list
- Resident Evil 7: All file locations
- Resident Evil 7: All 20 Mr. Everywhere locations
- Resident Evil 7: All Easy/Normal mode Antique Coin locations
- Resident Evil 7: All Madhouse mode Antique Coin locations
- Resident Evil 7: All Treasure Photos and Treasure locations
- Resident Evil 7: All end game unlocks
- Resident Evil 7: All franchise easter eggs
- Resident Evil 7: Hidden puzzle and Stabilizer guide
- Resident Evil 7: M21 shotgun guide
- Resident Evil 7: M19 handgun guide
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.