Our last GOTY award for 2015 is the best game overall. Also our best RPG of the year, we award the gong to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
“The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is the most grown-up video game I’ve ever played,” Leo said in his review. “Not only because of the confronting and frequent violence, its (both male and female) nudity, gratuitous cursing or endemic brutality. It’s a combination of these elements and an unrelenting look at a diverse range of adult themes that make Wild Hunt as confronting and satisfying as it is.”
Wild Hunt narrowly beat out Fallout 4 and Rocket League for the top spot of 2015. Congratulations to CD Projekt Red on a wonderful game.
So there you have it — that’s our list. What do you think of our choices, readers?
Stevivor’s Game of the Year 2015
- Best re-release or remaster: Gears of War: Ultimate Edition and The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D (tie)
- Best sports title: Rocket League
- Best side-scroller: Ori and the Blind Forest
- Best shooter: Destiny “The Taken King”, Halo 5: Guardians and Rainbow Six: Siege (tie)
- Best toys-to-life or peripheral: Guitar Hero Live
- Best primarily online title: Destiny “The Taken King”
- Best handheld: Fallout Shelter
- Best racer: Forza Motorsport 6
- Best action-adventure: Rise of the Tomb Raider and Bloodborne (tie)
- Best RPG: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- The Wooden Spoon: Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 and Konami (tie)
- Overall GOTY 2015: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt