Stevivor’s Game of the Year (GOTY) awards for 2018 are on right now, and we continue the event with Best Strategy game.
This was another hotly contested category with multiple games vying for the top spot. When the dust settled, it was Civilization VI on Switch that emerged victorious.
In his review, Ben called this newest version of the game a great all-rounder.
“Civilization VI on Switch is our favourite way to play,” Ben said. “It makes a great handheld game, while the options to jump between physical and touch controls, or to swap to a TV screen, improve the already great mobile experience.”
Honourable mentions in this category go to Into the Breach (Windows PC), Two Point Hospital (PC) and Total War: Thrones of Britannia (Windows PC).
Stevivor GOTY Awards 2018
We’ll announce a new winner each day in the lead up to 2019!
- Multiplayer: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Racing/Sports: Forza Horizon 4
- Strategy: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI on Switch
- RPG: Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey
- Action/Adventure: Spider-Man
- VR/AR: ASTRO BOT: Rescue Mission
- Mobile: Florence
- Switch: Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee
- PS4: God of War
- Xbox One: Forza Horizon 4
- PC: Two Point Hospital
- Indie: Minit
- Ongoing: Destiny 2
- Best Direction: Forza Horizon 4
- Game of the Year: God of War