Stevivor’s Game of the Year (GOTY) awards continue today with the best RPG of 2018.
For us, this one was an easy win — we’re happy to award Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey with best RPG honours this year.
In his review, Matt said Odyssey was as epic as the time and location it was based in.
“It adds new elements to the franchise’s recipe that I enjoy, and some of the story beats look to be leading future instalments in a really interesting direction,” he said.
Honourable mentions in this category go to Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (Windows PC, PS4), Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Windows PC, PS4), Yakuza 6: The Song of Life (, PS4) and Octopath Traveller (Switch).
Stevivor GOTY Awards 2018
We’ll announce a new winner each day in the lead up to 2019!
- Multiplayer: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Racing/Sports: Forza Horizon 4
- Strategy: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI on Switch
- RPG: Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey
- Action/Adventure: Spider-Man
- VR/AR: ASTRO BOT: Rescue Mission
- Mobile: Florence
- Switch: Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee
- PS4: God of War
- Xbox One: Forza Horizon 4
- PC: Two Point Hospital
- Indie: Minit
- Ongoing: Destiny 2
- Best Direction: Forza Horizon 4
- Game of the Year: God of War