The latest Xbox One Alpha Insider build will let users capture 1080p video to an external hard drive (HDD).
The new feature comes with a couple known issue reports as well. Here’s the full list of changes:
- OS version released: rs3_release_xbox_dev_1710.170910-1900
- Available: 6:00PM PDT 9/13 (1:00AM GMT 14/9)
- Game DVR: Alpha Xbox Insiders, awesome new GameDVR features added today! Capture at 1080p, and capture directly to an external drive.
- Games & Apps: Miscellaneous performance fixes when switching between games or apps.
- Blu-Ray Player: 3D Blu-Ray content now correctly plays in 3D.
- Virtual Keyboard: When using virtual keyboard the auto suggest feature does not function.
- Light Theme: There are some known visual contrast issues in messaging, the entertainment twist, and the Mixer twist—you may see white on white. Fixes will be coming soon.
- Sign-in: When using Arabic or Hebrew language and signing in with a profile using the “Lock it down” security preference, the sign-in screen which requests Microsoft account e-mail address and password is distorted. This does not affect the profile if it is set to use the “Ask for my passkey” or “No barriers” security preferences. Workaround: Set the console to use another language, sign-in, and set the profile’s security preference to “Ask for my passkey” or “No barriers”. Alternatively, you can still type in your password as normal using the virtual keyboard though the screen is distorted.
- Netflix: When using Hebrew language, Netflix fails to launch.
- Home: Images on the Mixer tab may appear clipped or duplicated.
We’ll let you know when the update is available to all.