A new Watch Dogs Legion patch has been deployed to most platforms, aiming to fix performance issues across Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4.
The patch has been deployed to Xbox One and PS4, and PC players should see it drop sometime later today. A full listing of patch notes is as follows:
- Global performance improvements on PS4 for smoother gameplay/driving
- Made several improvements to PC performance
- Optimized performance to improve framerates for RTX GPUs
- Fixed an issue that caused framerate drops to occur when characters walk through checkpoints
- Improved the framerate performance when driving
- Fixed a freeze when switching input controllers on PC
- Fixed sporadic crashes on PS4
- Fixed sporadic crashes on Xbox One/S
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when launched on a console set to TURKISH, INDONESIAN, GREEK, ROMANIAN, HUNGARIAN, VIETNAMESE or THAI languages
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash on Xbox One X when selecting a certain option in the Into the Void mission
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when browsing through the Premium Shop tabs on Xbox One
It should be noted that this particular patch doesn’t address an issue whereby a 404 mission will cause Xbox One X consoles to overheat; that’s coming in a future patch that’s coming ASAP.
Today’s patch thankfully addresses some of the issues Luke Lawrie encountered on PC as part of his review of the game.
Watch Dogs Legion is available now on Windows PC, Xbox One, PS4 and Stadia. It heads to Xbox Series S & X on 10 November, and finally from 12 November on PS5.
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.