Spyro Reignited Trilogy subtitles are finally available to players thanks to a new patch.
The retro bundle drew ire from fans as those who are deaf were unable to access subtitles to enhance their gameplay experience. Now, four months after the release of the game, those fans have their wish.
Subtitle support in the game’s cutscenes are now made available “in all languages,” Activision Blizzard recently confirmed alongside a full list of patch notes. They’re below.
- Added subtitles in all languages (across all three games) for previously unsupported cinematics, including:
- Character headers to identify active speakers
- Succinct line splits for readability
- Colored text for improved character association in most languages
- Subtitle on/off toggle added under the Options menu
- Added an option to toggle motion blur on/off under the Options → Camera menu
- Fixed progression and completion bugs impacting Wizard Peak, Hurricos, Fracture Fills, Lost Fleet, Fireworks Factory, and Charmed Ridge
- Fixed camera bugs in Sgt. Byrd’s Base and Dino Mines
- Stability improvement fix in Spider Town
- Additional misc. bug-fixes and improvements impacting Glimmer and Ripto’s Arena
The patch is version 1.02 on Xbox One and 1.03 on PS4.