Pokemon Go Fest 2020 has been fully detailed by Niantic ahead of its late July debut.
The two-day event will take place over 25-26 July, as we’ve previously reported, with each day providing “a unique experience as well as a different Special Research story to enjoy,” Niantic advised.
A single ticket purchase — costing $22.99 AUD — will grant you access to both days of the event. Portions of your ticket price will be donated to ““fund new projects from Black gaming and AR creators” alongside “US nonprofit organizations that are helping local communities rebuild,” Niantic also confirmed.
Pokemon Go Fest 2020 day one
Here’s what day one will offer between 10.00 am to 8.00 pm local time on 25 July:
- Trainers can access a Special Research story that they can get only on Day 1.
- Five rotating habitats—themed around fire, water, grass, battle, and friendship—will feature special Pokémon that go along with that habitat’s theme. These habitats will rotate every hour, so each habitat will be featured twice during Day 1.
- Trainers will be able to work together in the Global Challenge Arena! This GO Fest–exclusive feature will be available only to ticket holders. In the Global Challenge Arena, Trainers will have a chance to join forces in order to complete a collaborative challenge each hour. If Trainers complete a challenge, they will earn a bonus for the remainder of the hour. You can check the Global Challenge Arena screen to keep track of global progress!
- Trainers will be able to encounter over 75 species of Pokémon in the wild, in raids, and by completing Special Research tasks.
Pokemon Go Fest 2020 day two
Here’s what day one will offer between 10.00 am to 8.00 pm local time on 26 July:
- Trainers will enjoy…something very different! We want the Day 2 experience to be a surprise, so ticket holders will learn what we have in store that very day. There’ll also be another Special Research story for Trainers to enjoy.
Pokemon Go is available now on iOS and Android devices.