Whilst out exploring in No Man’s Sky, you’ll come across a lot of objects that require something called an Atlas Pass. If you’re not sure how to figure this out, we’ve got you covered.
Here’s what to do:
- Make sure you choose the path of Atlas at the very start of the game. It’s said that helps, rather than choosing to be a free explorer.
- Play through the game as normal; you’ll learn how to travel between systems.
- After several warp jumps, you’ll be alerted to the presence of a special Space Station. Go and interact with it
- You’ll be altered to the presence of a Monolith next. Go to it and interact with it.
- After the interaction, you’ll be alerted to an “Anomaly Detected” message. Follow that anomaly — usually across multiple systems — to an Atlas Interface (see above).
- Dock with that Station and interact with the items there. You should get the Atlas Stone then.
- Another “Anomaly Detected” will lead to another Atlas Interface.
- That station will offer up the recipe for the Atlas Pass v1, the lowest level of the keys.
The steps above are how we got our recipe, but it seems to differ slightly depending on the player.
In short, the Atlas Pass recipe should be offered up to you through the closest thing No Man’s Sky has to a linear mission. Be mindful of new scans and chase them down.
Once you’ve got that recipe, you can build Atlas Passes just like other objects. Voila!
No Man’s Sky is available now on PS4 and soon on Windows PC.
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.