We’ve got so many things to say about this: do we first talk of how most of you probably read this post title and thought we were talking about Arkham City, or do we just delve straight into Hamill saying that he was going to stop voicing the Joker YEARS ago?
At any rate, Sony Online Entertainment has just revealed both the latest DLC pack for DC Universe Online, plus the voice actors who will be gracing the title with their golden pipes.
The pack is called “The Last Laugh” and features Mark Hamill (The Joker), Adam Baldwin (Superman) and Arleen Sorkin (Harley Quinn).
In addtion to the above powerhouses, “The Last Laugh” also includes “an all-new weapon, hours of multiplayer gameplay in the Safe Houses and Headquarters, and new Legends PvP characters,” says SOE. Other features include:
- The Shield – Players can unleash this vicious new weapon to bash their opponents, or hurl it to take them down from a distance.
- Safehouse battle: Graviton Technology Recovery – Players will be tasked with unscrambling teleporter codes that The Joker has mixed into fragments. Located at the Watchtower or Hall of Doom, players must retrieve eight code fragments to successfully rebuild useable teleporter codes.
- Safehouse battle: The Rescue – Heroes must rescue hostages, while Villains will be freeing arrested criminals from opposing Safe Houses.
- Safehouse battle: Bomb Disposal – Thanks to The Joker, the encryption on the email terminals have changed and can only be bypassed by the robot he provided. Players must gain control of the robot and either upload the data to their HQ or add new encryption to keep their enemies and The Joker away from it.
- Safehouse battle: Headquarter Battles – In this two-part crusade, 16 players — eight heroes and eight villains — will face off for the ultimate player reward. At the request of Superman, heroes must take over the Hall of Doom, while villains, egged on by The Joker, will breach the Watchtower in order to create chaos.
- Legends Characters – Combat illuminates with the introduction of the first light-powered Legends for multiplayer combat. Players will soon have access to Kilowog, a Green Lantern, and Amon Sur, a member of the Sinestro Corps.
DCUO‘s “The Last Laugh” DLC pack will be free for Legendary members, and available for purchase for Free and Premium players on the PlayStationNetwork in-game Marketplace.