The patch’s notes reflect the atrocious state of the game, with a number of dot points advising that “this patch does not resolve this fix for those who have already encountered it” and “there are… instance where this could happen still”.
In regards to Xbox One Achievements, Crystal Dynamics has advised that “Achievements should now unlock and increment properly. We are still investigating if all Achievements will be granted retroactively – our current theory is that story-based will, but challenge-based will not.”
In our experience, the Achievement for beating the game’s campaign has unlocked but a number of others — completing a mission at 100% and not being downed, collecting intel, identifying bad guys and the like — have not, in line with Crystal’s assumption. This is extremely problematic, because most who’ve finished the campaign will have gobbled up in-game intel, beaten enemies and opened strongboxes, so future incremenation is near-impossible.
We’ve asked Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix for more information on how that will be corrected and will report back as more is known.
Full patch notes are below.
Avengers patch V1.2.5
- Resolved an infrequent bug where players are unable to progress with the campaign due to an infinite loading screen.
- This patch does not resolve the fix for those who have already encountered it – bad save states will be resolved in V1.3.0.
- Addressed majority of instances of a partially loaded Helicarrier which resulted in characters infinitely falling out of the world when trying to access the Avengers Initiative.
- There are rare instances where this could happen still, but the patch ensures that loading back into the main menu and then returning to the Avengers Initiative will resolve it. We are still working to eliminate this bug entirely.
- Campaign Mission reward outfits will no longer disappear from Cosmetics Inventory UI. This presented as costumes that were previously unlocked through campaign progress – such as the Stark Tech outfits – reverting to a locked state.
- Prevented this from happening in V1.2.5, but the patch does not return outfits for those who have already encountered it – bad save states will be resolved In V1.3.0.
- Marketplace and Challenge Card outfits will be restored and no longer become re-locked in the Cosmetics Inventory UI. This presented as costumes that were previously unlocked through online play – such as Hero Challenge Card rewards, pattern drops, and faction vendors – reverting to a locked state
- Updated Community Challenge UI that now reflects current community progress.
- Backup Save UI improvements
- Load time optimizations
- Xbox Only: Achievements should now unlock and increment properly. We are still investigating if all Achievements will be granted retroactively – our current theory is that story-based will, but challenge-based will not.