Time to jump back in?
Gears 5 Operation 2: Free for All is now available in-game, offering four new characters, three game types, five maps, a new Versus season and a brand-new Tour of Duty.
Here’s what is included as part of the free content update:
- Heroes and Villains: Lizzie Carmine and Damon Baird join the fight, facing off against Jermad and the original Locust Drone in Gears 5 multiplayer. In Arcade, each character is bolstered by a passive ability and a weapon selection tree designed to suit a new fighting style. In both Horde and Escape, each Hero possesses a unique ultimate ability.
- Free for All makes a highly-anticipated return to Versus in Gears 5 as the biggest mode in Gears history. Fourteen players choose their favorite COG or Swarm character, and fight in an all-out brawl, to be the first one to 30 kills.
- Arcade Blitz is a fast-paced, objective mode for the Arcade playlist. Players must stay within the capture circle to earn points, creating tense and chaotic battles.
- 2v2 Gnashers is guaranteed to make the fight personal, as two duos must work together to land shots and cover their teammates.
- Maps: set in an old coliseum dedicated to the founding members of the COG, Allfathers’ Arena is now destined to once again be filled with the sound of battle!
- Tour of Duty: features more than 200 exclusive earnable items
While Operation 2: Free for All is free to download and play, players can purchase the Operation 2 Bundle, which includes all four new characters, the complete Eclipse weapon set, 1000 Iron and 30 days of Boost.
Gears 5 is available now on Windows PC an Xbox One, and is also part of the Xbox Game Pass subscription program.