And it's full of some big names!
A free two-day games composition and sound art conference has been announced as part of Melbourne International Games Week 2021.
“High Score: Composition and Sound Art for Gaming” will be hosted by APRA AMCOS and will run online over 2-3 October. Those interested will need to set aside time from 9 am – 6 pm AEST on both days and can register here to take part.
The big names attached to the conference are as follows:
- Melbourne developers Beethoven & Dinosaur (The Artful Escape)
- Queensland composer Zander Hulme (Windbound)
- Tasmanian composer Adam Scott-McGuinness and creative director Alisha Stone (Where the Snow Settles)
- Melbourne’s Playside Studios
- California-based composer and sound designer Julie Buchanan
- Jordan Chin (Monster Train)
- Chel Wong (‘How to Make Money as a Freelancer”)
Melbourne International Games Week 2021 is slated for 2-10 October and also includes the likes of the Australian Game Developer Awards (AGDAs), the three-day Games 4 Change, PAX AUS Online and the Melbourne Queer Games Festival 2021.
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.