Spider-Man today received a new DLC suit patterned on Sam Raimi’s trilogy of Spider-Man films, Insomniac Games confirmed. The gift to players has been claimed as a victory for an incredibly vocal minority who relentlessly whinged across social media.
A select few across Twitter and other social media have been demanding the Raimi suit for months now, and have asserted today’s free gift was a last-minute response to the request. Insomniac’s James Stevenson has knocked this idea back, confirming that the suit has been in development for months.
Yup. Today's release was ultimately in the works for MONTHS and started before the base game even released.
But as you note, due to the complexity, we could say absolutely nothing. https://t.co/kYx5jB6HdY
— James Stevenson (@JamesStevenson) December 20, 2018
At any rate, maybe the man-babies will quiet down a bit now that they have their way. Enjoy this tweet where level-minded users take a dig at the courageous souls who decided to scream at a publisher until they got their DLC suit.
video games are bad for you pic.twitter.com/1kLyZD0Jx7
— 9 V O L T (@9_volt_) December 20, 2018
At any rate, the free suit is part of a new patch, with full details as follows (via Reddit):
- Added the Webbed Suit. Happy Holidays!
Fixes & Updates
- Addressed various additional issues in “Silver Lining” DLC pack.
- Added support for “The City That Never Sleeps – Silver Lining” story pack.
- Added “Friendly Neighborhood” Difficulty Mode.
- Added support for creating a New Game+ save from a New Game+ save.
- Added new frames and stickers to Photo Mode.
- Added 3 new filters to Photo Mode (8bit, EGA, and Retro).
Fixes & Updates
- Addressed an issue where the “A Bit of a Fixer-Upper” Trophy is not awarded after completing all puzzles.
- Addressed an issue where MJ’s initial dialogue in “The Heist” DLC may not play.
- Addressed an issue where some lines of dialogue would be delayed in “Turf Wars” DLC pack.
- Addressed various additional issues.
Good on you, Insomniac. We appreciate the effort.
Spider-Man is available now on PS4.
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.