Lots on offer.
Destiny 2 New Light is the game’s free-to-play version, live form 1 October, the same date as the game’s new Shadowkeep expansion. Developer Bungie has recently detailed the content that you can expect to play within New Light.
Here’s what’s available on launch day:
- All Destiny 2 content up up to Year 1, including the Curse of Osiris and Warmind expansions
- Shadowkeep‘s first mission
- Patrolling The Moon (from Shadowkeep) and the Tangled Shore and Dreaming City (from Forsaken)
- Crucible, including Gambit matchmaking
- The Elimination mode in Crucible Labs
- Two revisited Crucible maps from the original Destiny and a new Shadowkeep map
- Strikes, including two new Strikes
- The Seasonal Artifact
- Finishing Moves
- The Armor 2.0 system
- Free Seasonal Rank rewards
Bungie’s goal with New Light is to “make a great experience for everyone,” and it looks like the content above will do that.
Destiny 2 is available now on Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4. Shadowkeep and New Light are both available from 1 October.