A special EB Games next-gen VIP trade week will be offered over 3-9 November, providing players the chance to exchange unwanted consoles, games and peripherals for credit against next-gen Xbox Series S & X and PS5 pre-orders.
Update: EB Games has confirmed that Victorians — presumably to make up for our extended lockdown — will be able to take advantage of the VIP trade times between 29 October and 9 November.
EB World members will receive double trade bonus on all games and accessories traded-in with their PS4 or Xbox One consoles, with totals during the event coming in as follows:
- Level 1: 10% bonus credit
- Level 2: 20% bonus credit
- Level 3: 30% bonus credit
- Level 4: 40% bonus credit
- Level 5: 50% bonus credit
Games and accessories need to be traded in alongside a console (or consoles), so as a reminder, here’s what your current-gen consoles will offer up against a next-gen pre-order:
- PS4 Pro: $300 trade-in value against a PS5
- PS4 Slim: $251 trade-in value against a PS5
- PS4 (original): $220 trade-in value against a PS5
- Xbox One S: $200 trade-in value against an Xbox Series console
- Xbox One X: $400 trade-in value against an Xbox Series console
For those in Victoria and worried about lockdown restrictions, you don’t need to — “The current roadmap should see our stores reopened by the beginning of the Next-Gen VIP Trade Week on 3 November,” an EB representative confirmed on Twitter.
“If this is not the case, the current trade deal will be honoured when stores do reopen for trade.”