Congratulations to all!
The Australian Game Developer Awards 2021 have concluded, and we’ve a listing of all well-deserving winners below.
Before we ge to the list, you can take a look at all nominated titles and studios here.
Got that? Then it’s time for the winners:
- The Adam Lancman Award: Steve Wang (Wargaming Sydney)
- The Raising the Bar Award: Chad Toprak (Freeplay Independent Games Festival)
- The Rising Star Award: Kathleen Smart (Joy Everafter Stories) & Ashley Van Wyngaard (Wargaming Sydney)
- Studio of the Year: Black Lab Games
- Game of the Year: Unpacking (Witch Beam)
- Excellence in Art: The Artful Escape (Beethoven & Dinosaur)
- Excellence in Gameplay: Webbed (Sbug Games)
- Excellence in Narrative: The Forgotten City (Modern Storyteller)
- Excellence in Audio: The Artful Escape (Beethoven & Dinosaur)
- Excellence in Accessibility: Unpacking (Witch Beam)
- Excellence in Mobile Games: The Oregon Trail (Gameloft Brisbane)
- Excellence in Serious Games: Sharmila (Chaos Theory Games and the World Food Programme)
- Excellence in Ongoing Games: Pico Tanks (Panda Arcade)
- Excellence in Emerging Games: Video World (Things for Humans)
Congratulations to all nominated and winning games and studios!
Melbourne International Games Week runs over 2-10 October and includes the likes of Big Games Night In, Games for Change, the Australian Game Developer Awards (AGDAs), PAX AUS Online, a free two-day conference on audio design and the Melbourne Queer Games Festival 2021.
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.