As we previously detailed, two players can enjoy A Way Out using just one copy of the game.
Now that the feature’s live, here’s how it works:
- The player who owns a copy of A Way Out must launch the game.
- In the menu system, choose Play Online option, then Invite A Friend.
- Next, you can choose a second player to join in, using the platform you’re currently on (you can choose between Origin, Xbox One or PS4).
- The second player will then get a prompt to download the A Way Out Free Trial from that respective store.
- After the trial has downloaded, the first player can invite the second player to his or her game.
The trial player cannot launch a game themselves; they’re reliant on invitations from those with a full copy of the game. That said, the player on the trial can play through the game at any point, provided the first player has a checkpoint or save.
A Way Out is available on Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4. We reviewed it here.
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.