Resident Evil 2 is finally out now, and we’ve a guide that’ll earn the game’s Young Escapee Achievement/Trophy with ease.
Spoilers start here.
This Achievement/Trophy/Record deals with the game’s new area, the Orphanage. When you start in the area as Sherry Birkin, you’ll have one minute — 60 seconds — to get out of the bedroom you find yourself in.
Let’s get to it!
Resident Evil 2 Young Escapee guide
To earn the Achievement or Trophy, do perform the following actions as quickly as you can:
- Turn around and grab the Stuffed Doll
- Inspect the Stuffed Doll for the Block
- Use the Block on the puzzle near the doorway
- Move the 2nd block to the 1st position
- Move the 3rd block to the 2nd position
- Rotate the 1st block twice (hitting down on your d-pad or thumbstick)
- Rotate the 3rd block once (hitting down on your d-pad or thumbstick)
- Rotate the 4th block three times (hitting down on your d-pad or thumbstick)
- Grab the Scissors
- Use the Scissors on the cardboard box/wall behind you.
- Crouch down and go through the new opening.
Note: It appears as if the puzzle is randomised each time, but the position of the blocks (Steps 1-5) always is the same. If you’re finding you need to rotate the blocks in a different arrangement, you can quit and reload the sequence to get in under one minute.
You’ll get an Achievement/Trophy toast as soon as you crouch through and get into the new room. If not, quit and restart from that checkpoint. Good luck!
Resident Evil 2 is available now on Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4.
All of Stevivor’s Resident Evil 2 guides
- All Unlocks and Records
- Rankings guide
- All Mr. Raccoon locations
- All Weapons and Upgrades
- All Files (Lore Explorer Record)
- Medallions guide
- Safes guide
- Padlocks guide
- Portable Safe guide
- Circuit Breaker & Hardly Any Resistance Records guide
- Voltage Virtuouso & A Jewel Amongst Joules Records guide
- Young Escapee guide
- Hidden items (Treasure Hunter Record) guide
- Plugs puzzle solutions
- Greenhouse codes
- Chemist & Genius Chemist Records guide