Hello, old friend.
The Destiny 2 Thorn quest is now available as part of Season of the Drifter, giving Guardians potential access to the Exotic hand cannon, a reliable ol’ friend for sure.
Here’s how to get Thorn and a recap of what Thorn is capable of.
How to get Thorn in Destiny 2
There are a number of quest steps involved. Here’s what to do:
- Start the quest by heading to the EDZ’s Salt Mines and looking for a hunk of metal. Having trouble finding it? A video from ShackNews will help:
- Take the hunk of metal to Banshee-44 in the Tower.
- Next, you’ll be tasked to gather Sapphire Wire. This can be done by beating Hunters in the Crucible, using Ana Bray’s bounties on Mars or by completing Escalation Protocol.
- Next, you’ll have to complete an Epic version of Savathun’s Song on Titan.
- After this, you’ll need to collect Hadronic Essence by completing Nightfall Strikes, besting Warlocks in the Crucible or completing Asher Mir’s bounties on Io.
- Then, collect Plasteel Plating through Titans in the Crucible, completing Sloan’s bounties on Titan in the Blind Well.
- Finally, defeat enemies in the Crucible using Void energy or hand cannons. Why not make it easiest and use a Void hand cannon?
After completing the above, the fancy Thorn Exotic will be yours. Here are the weapon’s perks:
- Intrinsic perk: Mark of the Devourer. This lets the weapon fire piercing bullets that damage over time. Fallen enemies leave remnants behind.
- Main perk: Soul Devourer, which absorbs remnants and helps to refill its magazine. Revenants also strengthen the Mark of the Devourer.
As you can imagine, Thorn’s perks make it useful in Crucible, PvP and PvE.
Destiny 2 is available now on Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4.