Stevivor’s Game of the Year (GOTY) awards are done, and today we crown the best overall game of 2018.
As you can see above, we’ve awarded GOTY 2018 to none other than Sony Santa Monica’s God of War.
Featuring a riveting story (that may go off the rails at one point but quickly course corrects) and a formidable combat system, Stevivor staffers voted God of War this year’s big winner. If you’re surprised we didn’t give the gong to Red Dead Redemption 2, it’s largely due to timing — half our staff weren’t able to get into most of it ahead of voting.
Congratulations to our shortlist and our big winner!
With that, Stevivor’s off for 2018 — a huge thanks to our readers for helping us solidify our spot as Australia’s most-read independent games site! We honestly couldn’t do it without you. Have a safe and happy end to 2018 and a very prosperous 2019!
Stevivor GOTY Awards 2018
We’ll announce a new winner each day in the lead up to 2019!
- Multiplayer: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Racing/Sports: Forza Horizon 4
- Strategy: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI on Switch
- RPG: Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey
- Action/Adventure: Spider-Man
- VR/AR: ASTRO BOT: Rescue Mission
- Mobile: Florence
- Switch: Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee
- PS4: God of War
- Xbox One: Forza Horizon 4
- PC: Two Point Hospital
- Indie: Minit
- Ongoing: Destiny 2
- Best Direction: Forza Horizon 4
- Game of the Year: God of War