This means that The Rock will have the final say in the game’s soundtrack, as part of a collaboration with 2K and Apple Music.
“Music is one of my soul’s anchors. All genres. I’m excited to celebrate my WWE roots by partnering with 2K and Apple Music teams and share some of my favorite hardcore training songs with fans all over the world.”
Here’s what The Rock has cooked curated:
- Blues Brothers – “Soul Man”
- Boston – “Smokin’”
- Bruno Mars – “Runaway Baby”
- Disturbed – “Down With The Sickness”
- Eazy-E – “Boyz-N-The-Hood”
- George Thorogood & The Destroyers – “One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer”
- Joe Walsh – “Rocky Mountain Way”
- Kanye West – “Black Skinhead”
- Kid Rock – “You Never Met a White Boy Quite Like Me”
- ¡MAYDAY! (feat. Tech N9ne) – “Last One Standing”
- Tech N9ne (feat. Krizz Kaliko, Serj Tankian) – “Straight Out The Gate”
What do you think of The Rock’s taste in music? Better or worse than Puff Daddy’s soundtrack on WWE 2K17?
WWE 2K18 heads to Xbox One and PS4 from 17 October, and later on Nintendo Switch.
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.