The Superhot Mind Control Delete release date has been confirmed for next week, Superhot Team has confirmed.
A standalone expansion, Mind Control Delete is a non-VR affair available from 16 July on Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4; a Switch release will follow later in the year.
“What once started out as a free DLC has blossomed into hours and hours and hours and hours of new and expanded Superhot gameplay,” a press release states.
Priced at $24.99 USD, those who’ve already purchased Superhot will receive Superhot Mind Control Delete at no additional cost. You can head to this FAQ page to determine how to redeem your free copy if applicable, though the TL;DR of it all is that you must have purchased Superhot before 16 July 2020 to be eligible — and at $14.38 AUD at the time of writing, you’d be crazy to buy Mind Control Delete ahead of the base game.
“We started work on MCD in early 2017,” said Marcin Surma, Game Co-director & Art Director. “The plan was to limit ourselves, keep it small, and sort out a small DLC to ship for free by the end of that year. Turns out, we’re not very good at limiting ourselves.”
Here’s a bullet point list of what the title has to offer:
- Much (Much) Bigger than its predecessors. MCD immerses you in its world for days of increasingly explosive slow-motion combat. MCD is over 4x the size of Superhot.
- More Mechanics at your disposal than ever before. Master different play styles, different character builds, different ways to outsmart and dominate your enemies.
- More Power to accumulate as you progress through the game. Amass new skills, new hacks, special techniques to conquer waves of ever more dangerous enemies.
- More Characters for you to control and more enemies to fight. Test your arsenal of tricks and weapons against increasingly deadlier, smarter foes.
- More Shiny Polish applied over nearly four years of Early Access development. MCD offers a more refined, sharper, special flashier experience than any Superhot so far.
Superhot is available now on Windows PC, Mac, Linux, Xbox One, PS4, Switch and Stadia where available. Superhot Mind Control Delete heads to Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4 from 16 July, and later on Switch. Expect our review in about five minutes’ time.
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.