Star Wars Battlefront 2 Loot Boxes as seen in its recent beta were incomplete and don’t represent the final product, developer DICE today detailed.
“We know you have a lot of questions about Crates and progression, so we want to clarify a few things, as the complete system was not in the Beta and will continue to be tuned over time,” DICE said in a blog post.
Here are the key takeaways, according to the devloper:
- There are many things you can earn in the game, including weapons, attachments, credits, Star Cards, Emotes, Outfits and Victory Poses.
- As a balance goal, we’re working towards having the most powerful items in the game only earnable via in-game achievements.
- Crates will include a mix of of Star Cards, Outfits, Emotes or Victory Poses.
- Players earn crates by completing challenges and other gameplay milestones, or by purchasing them with in-game credits or Crystals, our premium currency.
- If you get a duplicate Star Card in a crate, you will get crafting parts which you can then use to help upgrade the Star Card of your choice.
- And lastly, you have to earn the right to be able to upgrade Star Cards and unlock most Weapons. You can only upgrade or unlock them if you have reached a high enough rank, which is determined by playing the game.
Even with these points in mind, DICE said it is still considering other options.
“We also have heard some players are looking for a way to play where all players will have the same set of Star Cards with flattened values,” the post continues. “Like everything else, we will be continually making necessary changes to ensure the game is fun for everyone. We will work to make sure the system is balanced both for players who want to earn everything, as well as for players who are short on time and would like to move faster in their progress towards various rewards.”
Are you happy with the way progression was pushed through the beta’s Loot Box system?
Star Wars: Battlefront 2 heads to Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4 on 17 November.