Star Trek: Online‘s thirteenth season, “Escalation”, is now available on PC and Mac.
Heading to Xbox One and PS4 at a later date, the season brings new episodic content and gameplay features to the popular Star Trek-themed MMORPG.
The season’s new content is summarised below:
- New Featured Episode – In the new episode, “Mirrors and Smoke,” captains will travel with the Lukari to New Kentar and defend the planet from the Tzenkethi.
- War Games System – Season 13 marks the debut of War Games, new competitive PvE scenarios which pit two teams of five players against each other for rewards.
- “Core Assault” – A space-based 5v5 Convergence-class scenario, where two flights of captains compete to cross the finish line in a space station based in the Adelphous System.
- “Binary Circuit” – A ground-based 5v5 Gauntlet-class scenario where captains will solve puzzles and complete various challenges in a Borg Co-operative Cube.
- Rebalance Pass – A full rebalance pass has been made to ground and space combat to ensure that no matter what choice captains make when outfitting their skills or ship, it isn’t a wrong one.
- Player Potential System – Matchmaking for Star Trek Online has been improved with the new Player Potential System, which evaluates players based on various factors, such as their characters’ equipment, specialization and participation in competitive matches.
- New Reputation – Captains who participate in Season 13’s War Games queues will be rewarded with new Competitive Marks and Assessed Stratagems. The marquee rewards from this set feature class-specific set gear for the first time ever in Star Trek Online. Captains can choose to equip any of these three sets for their starships, and mix and match the individual sets as they see fit.
Perfect World Entertainment is also offering a contest to celebrate the content’s release. Those in the US, Canada or the EU can also enter to win a six-day cruise across the Atlantic alongside every starship currently available in Star Trek: Online‘s PC C-Store. To enter, head here.
Star Trek: Online is a free-to-play MMORPG available on Windows PC, Mac, Xbox One and PS4.