SEGA and Sports Interactive today detailed the latest offerings in the Football Manager series.
This year, available for a mid-November release, are three distinct titles:
Football Manager 2016
- TWO ALL-NEW GAME MODES: Take on your mates with ‘Fantasy Draft’ mode – which gives you the chance to build your own dream team and compete in a mini league – or add your own custom-built team to any existing league you choose with the new ‘Create-A-Club’ option.
- MANAGER ON THE TOUCHLINE: Get closer to the action than ever before with your own customisable character to bark out instructions and join the celebrations from the touchline.
- IMPROVED MATCHDAY EXPERIENCE: More than 2,000 new animations make the Football Manager 2016 match engine the best ever. There’s also more control when planning set pieces and a new highlights package to keep you up-to-date with all the action from every league.
Football Manager Touch 2016
- CROSS-SAVE: All versions of Football Manager Touch 2016 ARE ‘cross-save compatible’ with one another, so careers started on a tablet can be saved to the cloud and continued on computer (and vice versa).
- MATCHDAY EXPERIENCE: Football Manager Touch 2016 offers enhanced tactical options, including set-piece planning and opposition instructions – all of which play out in the acclaimed Football Manager 3D match engine.
- CREATE-A-CLUB MODE: Add your own club to the game using the ‘Create-A-Club’ option. Name your club, choose your colours and edit your squad to your heart’s content – even adding yourself and a friend.
Football Manager Mobile 2016
- ENHANCED TACTICS: Take greater control of your squad with the introduction of new tactical instructions. You can choose where your team concentrates its passing, as well as selecting your main attacking threat and creative outlet – and even advise your goalkeeper on distribution.
- COACHING STAFF: Prepare your squad for match days better than ever before with the addition of coaches, providing your team with focused training to prepare for their next big fixture.
- MANAGEMENT STYLE: The introduction of gold, silver and bronze coaching badges allows you to define your own management style. Will you concentrate on improving your defence or attack, or focus on morale and man management? Your decision will influence your team’s style.
Football Manager 2016 will be available from 13 November on Windows PC and Mac. Football Manager Touch and Football Manager Mobile will available during the holiday season.
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.