We already know that Rock Band 4 is going to cost a fortune in Australia if you intend on buying the full band setup.
If you’re thinking you’ll just use your old instruments to save money then you’re in luck as most instruments from last-gen (and even a couple from PS2) are compatible. However, if you have instruments for Xbox 360 and want to use them on your Xbox One you’ll need to purchase the Legacy Game Controller Adapter.
Microsoft changed the wireless connection between controllers and consoles for Xbox 360 and Xbox One meaning without the adapter, using last-gen controllers is impossible. Developer Harmonix are taking pre-orders for stand alone copies of Rock Band 4 in North America with the PS4 edition costing $59.99 USD and the Xbox One edition costing $79.99. That extra $20? The adapter.
10 new tracks were also announced by the developers and are as follows;
- .38 Special – “Caught Up In You”
- Arctic Monkeys – “Arabella”
- The Both – “Milwaukee”
- Cake – “Short Skirt/Long Jacket”
- Little Big Town – “Little White Church”
- Lucius – “Turn It Around”
- The Mighty Mighty Bosstones – “The Impression That I Get”
- The Protomen – “Light Up The Night”
- Soundgarden – “Superunknown”
- Tijuana Sweetheart – “Pistol Whipped”
Rock Band 4 will be available for PS4 and Xbox One on 6 October.