The Overwatch Summer Games 2020 event is on now, meaning Lucioball makes its triumphant return to Windows PC, Xbox One, PS4 and Switch.
Lucioball remix mode
This year’s event — which ironically showcases Sydney even though we’re in the middle of winter — adds a new mode to Lucioball called Remix, which offers the following changes:
- This is a faster, more chaotic, multi-ball version of Lucioball.
- There are normally two balls in play throughout the match. If one gets scored, it respawns after a brief time.
- Bonus balls are periodically spawned and are worth three points.
- Players are not reset when a goal is scored. You keep playing.
- Mercy rule: Games end early if one team has a 10-point lead.
- Busan is getting new pillars and surfaces for more wall-riding opportunities.
- Sydney is getting a tonne of jump pad surfaces, and more wall-riding opportunities.
Moreover, the following updates have been made to Lucioball games on the whole:
- You can now crouch while midair to lunge down to the ground.
- Lucio’s cooldowns are much shorter.
- Lucio’s boop and punch range are increased.
- Lucio moves a little faster.
- Jump pads launch players a little higher.
- Added gamepad rumble to goal-scoring moments.
- Mercy rule: Games end early if one team has a 5-point lead.
Summer Games 2020 event challenges and cosmetics
The following challenges (and their associated rewards) can be worked on within Quick Play, Competitive or the Arcade:
- Week One:
- Win Three Games | Baseballmari Player Icon
- Win Six Games | Union Jack Spray
- Win Nine Games | Union Jack Tracer Epic Skin
- Week Two:
- Win Three Games | Golfmari Player Icon
- Win Six Games | Sand Castle Spray
- Win Nine Games | Sand Castle Bastion Epic Skin
- Week Three:
- Win Three Games | Surfimari Player Icon
- Win Six Games | Ice Cream Spray
- Win Nine Games | Ice Cream Orisa Epic Skin
All up, the Summer Games 2020 event contains five new Legendary skins — Tropical Baptiste, Lifeguard Pharah, Feskarn Brigitte, Karate Doomfist and Surf’s Up Echo — alongside 3 Epic skins and other new cosmetics.
Overwatch is available now on Windows PC, Xbox One, PS4 and Switch.