Overwatch LFG functionality has been added to the game via Patch 1.25 on its PTR (public test realm), Blizzard today advised.
In addition to the LFG (looking for group) functionality, the patch also adds the ability to positively endorse another player and brings tweaks to Symmetra and the Horizon map.
Full patch notes are below:
1.25 Patch Overview
- Looking for Group
- The Looking for Group system will enable players to form their own groups in-game with the new feature. Players will be able to choose roles, team comps, restrict based on endorsement levels, and merge with other groups.
- Whenever a player finishes a match, they will be able to give Endorsements to other players in the match. Players will be able to earn Endorsement Levels (EL) and rewards based on their positive behaviour in the game.
- Types of Endorsements
- Good Teammate
- Good Sportsmanship (Only endorsement that can also be given to opposing team)
- Every endorsement players receive goes towards their endorsement Level. Players will also receive +50xp towards their overall level for each endorsement given to another player.
- Endorsement Level 0 = This player has been recently actioned, either silenced or suspended. Players will slowly make progress from EL0 to EL1 just by playing.
- Endorsement Level 1 = All players start at this level. Players MUST be endorsed to move their level up.
- Endorsement Level 2 –5 = Players must be endorsed to move their level up. EL5 is the highest level.
- At any time within two week intervals, players will be rewarded based on their current endorsement level. These rewards will scale based on player’s EL.
- Private Profiles
- Player profiles will now have the option to be set to Private, Friends-Only, or Public. (There will no longer be a “P Menu” hover, and players will not be able to view profile details of other players.)
- Horizon Re-Work
- Horizon will receive level design changes to help balance the map.
- Symmetra Re-Work
- Symmetra’s re-work includes updates to her primary fire, secondary fire, both of her abilities and a new Ultimate Ability.
- Details on Symmetra’s re-work can be found on our blog here: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/symmetra-rework/122234
- Damage Role replaces Defence/Offence
- Defence and Offence roles will now be replaced by the “Damage” role
We’ll let you know when the functionality heads to the game proper.
Overwatch is currently available on Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4 — a special Anniversary event is running across all three platforms.
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.