The New York Video Game Awards 2020 were held yesterday, a group of honours bestowed by the New York Video Game Critics Circle upon well-deserving games of 2019.
While The Outer Worlds walked away with game of the year, Disco Elysium and Sayonara Wild Hearts both earned two awards each.
All winners are below, alongside their cringe-worthy award titles.
- Big Apple Award for Best Game of the Year: The Outer Worlds
- Central Park Children’s Zoo Award for Best Kids Game: Luigi’s Mansion 3
- A-Train Award for Best Mobile Game: Sayonara Wild Hearts
- Coney Island Dreamland Award for Best AR/VR Game: Minecraft Earth
- Off Broadway Award for Best Indie Game: Disco Elysium
- Tin Pan Alley Award for Best Music in a Game: Sayonara Wild Hearts
- Statue of Liberty Award for Best World: Outer Wilds
- Herman Melville Award for Best Writing: Disco Elysium
- Joltin’ Joe Award for Best Esports Player of the Year: Arslan Ash
- Great White Way Award for Best Acting in a Game: Courtney Hope as Jesse in Control
- Freedom Tower Award for Best Remake: Resident Evil 2
- Captain Award for Best Esports Team: FPX (League of Legends)
What do you make of this list? It’s actually pretty close to our own Game of the Year Awards for 2019.
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.