Nintendo Australia today confirmed details of Mario Kart 8′s second DLC pack.
The pack, available 23 April, contains the following character and vehicles:
- 3 Characters: Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser
- 4 Vehicles : Bone Rattler (Bike), City Tripper (Bike), Streetle (Kart), P-Wing (Kart)
Also included are eight courses:
- Animal Crossing: A special Animal Crossing inspired course that changes season – spring, summer, autumn, winter – each time you race.
- Big Blue: A re-mastered version of Big Blue from the F-ZERO series.
- Super Bell Subway: Navigate an underground subway, and watch out for oncoming trains to reach the finish line.
- Wild Woods: Drive up and down a giant tree inhabited by Toads and Shy Guys and experience a mysterious landscape.
- Baby Park (GCN): High-definition remake of a course featured in Mario Kart: Double Dash! – prepare for a chaotic course comprising 7 laps.
- Cheese Land (GBA): High-definition remake of a course featured in Mario Kart: Super Circuit – full of cheese-themed obstacles and even a hungry giant Chain Chomp.
- Koopa City (3DS): High-definition remake of a course featured in Mario Kart 7 – drive through the pouring rain at night in a city controlled by Bowser, and decked out in dazzling neon lights.
- Ribbon Road (GBA): High-definition remake of a course featured in Mario Kart: Super Circuit – set in a miniaturised world packed with ribbons and toys.
Moreover, a free game update will launch at the same time, and includes the following:
- 200cc class added for Grand Prix (after completing all 150cc cups with a gold trophy), VS Race, and Online.
- 9 amiibo characters unlocking Mii racing suits: Wario, PAC-MAN, Olimar, Bowser, Sonic, Toad, Villager, Rosalina and Mega Man.
The second DLC pack is priced at $10.00 AUD or $14.00 NZD. The pack can be purchased alongside Mario Kart 8‘s first bundle for $16.00 AUD or $20.00 NZD.
Those who purchase both DLC Packs 1 + 2 can get access to 8 different-coloured Yoshis and 8 different-coloured Shy Guys that can be used right away.