To go alongside Deep Silver, and Milestone, and Ravenscourt, and...
“Prime Matter is a new home for premium games, offering both current and future partners all the expertise of the Koch Media Group alongside a new and dynamic team dedicated to maximising their true potential,” said Koch Media’s CEO Klemens Kundratitz.
“The core of the video games industry is, of course, entertainment,” Kundratitz continued. “Prime Matter will constantly look to innovate and inspire gamers across all its activities while retaining the fundamental values of what makes our industry so special; it is intrinsically fun.”
The new label means Koch Media itself will publish under five different banners: Prime Matter, Deep Silver, Milestone, Vertigo and Ravenscourt. This is of course in addition to myriad labels under parent company Embracer Group, which includes the likes of THQ Nordic, Saber Interactive, Gearbox and more.
The sixteen games so far confirmed to fall under Prime Matter include:
- Kings Bounty 2: Developed by 1C Entertainment, the RPG will be Prime Matter’s first title on 24 August 2021.
- Encased: Developed by Dark Crystal Games, the RPG heads to PC in September of this year.
- Kingdom Come Deliverance: A Nintendo Switch release is coming from Warhorse Studios and Saber Interactive.
- Crossfire Legion: Canadian developer Blackbird Interactive has teamed up with Smilegate to create an RTS title set in the world of Crossfire. Release date 2022.
- Scars Above: Developed by Mad Head Games, expect this “dark sci-fi action adventure that sees a lone protagonist having to survive on a hostile nightmare world” in 2022.
- Gungrave G.O.R.E.: A third-person action shooter by South Korean Studio IGGYMOB. Expected in 2022.
- Dolmen: Developed by Massive Work Studio, expect the action RPG in 2022.
- The Last Oricru: From GoldKnights, this third-person action RPG is expected in 2022.
- The Chant (working title): Developed by Brass Token, the third-person horror adventure is expected in 2022.
- Payday 3: Developement on the next Payday has just begun over at Starbreeze Studios, with a targeted release year of 2023.
- Echoes of the End (working title): Developed by Myrkur Games.
- Codename Final Form (working title): From Polish developers Reikon Games.
- Outward: From Canada’s Nine Dots Studio.
- Blade 2 Bannerlords: From Turkey’s Taleworlds.
- A new Painkiller game.
- A new Warhorse Studios title.
What do you make of news of Prime Matter?
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.