Assassins no more... except, you know, The Shadows are that too.
Hitman Sniper The Shadows was today detailed as part of Square Enix’s E3 2021 press conference, and we’ve all you need to know about the upcoming mobile title below.
First announced back in March 2021 as Hitman Sniper Assassins, that working title has been dropped in favour of one representing the new team you’ll be playing as.
“Hitman Sniper The Shadows offers an immersive and competitive sniper experience within the hidden world of assassination, where a new criminal network threatens global stability,” Square Enix Montreal said of its title.
“Diana Burnwood, and the International Contract Agency (ICA), activate Initiative 426, aka The Shadows, a team of highly-skilled assassins, to eliminate this threat. Featuring Hitman Sniper’s hallmarks of manipulating enemies and the environment to their advantage, as a member of The Shadows, players must take down high-level international targets, build their reputation, and evolve themselves into their own version of a Hitman Sniper.”
There are five members of the Shadows, as follows:
- Stone: An innocent man with a criminal record, and a skillset worthy of a master assassin. Stone assumed a new identity and turned to assassination as a means of survival.
- Knight: A rugged survivalist, Knight is as charming as she is calculated. Infused with a healthy dose of anti-governmental propaganda, she takes great pride and pleasure in a well-executed head shot.
- Kolzak: Kolzak is a highly trained and skilled assassin who constantly refines his tradecraft. Preferring to remain in the shadows, he lets his reputation speak for itself.
- Soji: Despite her petite stature, Soji is a force to be reckoned with and her dedication cannot be questioned. Still grieving her brother’s murder, Soji channels her revenge-fuelled-rage down the barrel of her rifle.
- Kiya: A veteran of over twenty high-profile missions with the Anti-Terrorism Squad, Kiya is the sole survivor of his ATS squad’s massacre. With nothing left to lose, he pushes his limits on every contract. Kiya uses each shot to make the most impact.
Hitman Sniper The Shadows heads to iOS and Android devices later in 2021. Check out a trailer below.
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a small commission if you click-through and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.